SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Everything ARM and LPC
By pero
Hello everyone
I'm newbie in ARM
i have an LPC2364 and i solder it on an SMD-to-DIP converter to use on breadboard and i found it hard to work with a 100pin chip on bread!
btw, i tried about 3 days to make bootloader work, but it finally worked.
i was really happy about that and i wrote a simple LED flashlight with Keil and program the IC with Flash Magic(verify code was set and everything goes well).
but then when i try to see the result nothing happens! i tried the code on Keil simulation and it gets to an External Memory problem(startup code error).
and now, i cant connect to IC through ISP, Flash Magic says "auto baud failed"(like those last 3 days).
i checked the startup code of Keil, the Source Clock was set to "Main Oscillator" so i thought the problem maybe is oscillator so i put a crystal on XTAL1 & XTAL2 plus 2 100pf to ground. but no effect.

please help me.
best regards, Ehsan
* and sorry about my english if you see any mistake! :)
By viskr
During ISP boot, the 2364 is using the internal IRC, but it can be switched on command to use the external XTAL. To test the ISP, use any terminal emulation program and connect to the same port Flash Magic was using, start at 19.2Kb

Send a single character (? -- a question mark)

The ARM should respond with Synchronized
Normally the ARM is waiting to see Synchronized sent back to it, to enter ISP mode.

If you aren't getting that far, check power supplies, reset (the usual subjects)

The 100 pF caps are too big, and they should be 39 pF for most crystals (table in the datasheet). 100 pf is for use with a crystal oscillator (which puts out a TTL signal)
By pero
Thanks for your reply viskr, i tried with and without crystal, but no answer from IC.
i was suspicious maybe IC damaged because i pull down reset and P2.10 directly to the ground. but why just after programming it should be inaccessible?! i'm just confused.
Plus, i use an Ampermeter to get the current of active state(both RESET & P2.10 pulled High with 10K), it's about 5mA.
could it be damaged?
By pero
Solved! a very simple problem i had!!
i just checked every single pin with Ohmeter and i found pin 53 not soldered!!!
i know first time i could program it because it was raw and it's on bootloader mode anyway.

Thanks and best regards, Ehsan ;)