SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Everything ARM and LPC
By josheeg
I was watching ted talks videos on the connectome, and one on ibm blue brain.

There is clustering linux software.

The beagle bone runs linux.

The beagle bone is open source.

could the beagle board be pannelised for robot assembly using something like advanced assembly & dorkbotpdx, freeroute (it only works with 2 layers and beagle has bga chips) and kicad(because the design one tested could be a hierarchical schematic not limited to board size for free and open source version). What other problems might stop that?

Then could that panel be clustered so all the beagle boards would work together? The IBM blue brain processors have 1000 artificial neurons each.

Now if the panels have 1000 neurons each and 100 beagle boards are clustered on a panel. The IBM blue brain has 16000 processors so 160 lan connected panels might be able to get close to it.16000000 artificial neurons.

Well I am interested in other peoples thoughts on this. :mrgreen: :violin: :ugeek: :geek:
By hsutherl
I haven't looked at the blue brain, but I don't think the AM33xx processors are a good choice for that sort of project. A large fraction of the slicon area such as the graphics processor would be sitting idle. [Could it be done? Probably]