SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Everything ARM and LPC
By durgesh777
Are there any high density stm microcontroller (with memory 512 kB) included in the same board size as stmh103 (where the microcontroller is of medium density and includes 128 kB)?

If the board size and the pin numbers are the same that would be easy for me to update my hardware.

Anyone please help.
By rmteo1
There are many on the auctions sites. For example there is this with 512Kb FLASH for <$21 shipped.

By SeniorEE
@rmteo1:

Thank you - helpful & appreciated. Have you purchased these or similar? If so - would you be good enough to review? Like to know about delivery, your visual board inspection, and operational results. Again - thanks for your post...
By rmteo1
SeniorEE wrote:@rmteo1:

Thank you - helpful & appreciated. Have you purchased these or similar? If so - would you be good enough to review? Like to know about delivery, your visual board inspection, and operational results. Again - thanks for your post...
I have not used that specific board. However, take a look at my post here. I have several of these (different size LCDs and MCUs) and they take 8-14 days to ship to the US. They are very well made (machined placed surface mount throughout) and I have not had any operational issues with them.
By SeniorEE
Great reply - detailed & right on target - again thank you.

Our firm is decent user of variety of TFT Lcds - 2.4" - 5.7" - all with increased contrast and unusually wide view angle. As such - we prefer to design/develop compact MCU board (usually STM32F103 family) and then short cable to any of these Lcds via mini "cable adapter."

Something to consider when "designing in" the MCU-LCD pcb posted - that Lcd was not likely chosen based upon best view characteristics - but instead upon discounted price & availability. Should your project/product reach volume - that display may be replaced by one with lesser performance - something we try to prevent by purchasing from a real display source.

Again - for most here that does not appear to be much of a worry.

BTW - was @ Olimex site prior to coming here - saw their LPC-H1114 (& off-shoots) priced @ 7.2 Euro - qty 50. While not an STM32F - is an ARM w/ 32/8KB (flash/sram) & 42 GPIO. This price point is amazing to me - this is an assembled, tested board. (not thrilled w/20 pin JTAG monstrosity header - otherwise neat design.
By rmteo1
SeniorEE wrote: BTW - was @ Olimex site prior to coming here - saw their LPC-H1114 (& off-shoots) priced @ 7.2 Euro - qty 50. While not an STM32F - is an ARM w/ 32/8KB (flash/sram) & 42 GPIO. This price point is amazing to me - this is an assembled, tested board. (not thrilled w/20 pin JTAG monstrosity header - otherwise neat design.
Talking about amazing price points, I received an e-mail from the manufacturer of these 7in. tablets - <$45/each in small quantities. Includes 800MHz ARM, 800x480 TFT LCD with Touch, 256MB RAM, 2GB FLASH, 1080p Video, Camera, Micro-SD, WiFi, etc.

By SeniorEE
Hard to say - again such displays are most often "opportunist" purchased - w/out regard to much beyond price. I would place bet that should you use - and luck into volume production - the identical display would not be included 1 year out... Caveat emptor - price is not always "everything..."