SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Everything ARM and LPC
By k_505@hotmail.com
I have OpenOCD, it is actually working, the problem is I am not able to work out the I2C! and not because of a problem with the I2C itself, it's because I am using the STM32 standard library, and for some reason it is giving the assert_param problem...
I will try and download the TrueStudio, did it cause any problems for you? have you tried using I2C before?
By rmteo1
I did download TrueStudio and it worked fine for me. However, I have settled on CrossWorks for ARM for all my development work as it supports a wide variety of devices (and debuggers/programmers as well) CrossWorks for ARM Support Packges. I have not yet used I2C but I would suggest asking here.
By k_505@hotmail.com
UhClem wrote: I don't know about your tool environment but you may need to delete the object files (*.o). The make program looks at the time stamps of the source and object files and only if the source is newer than the object will it compile.
I usually use "Clean Project" before I build every now and then, that usually removes the .o files
By rmteo1
k_505@hotmail.com wrote: I remember downloading Crossworks, but it totally refused connecting to my Olimex ARM-USB-OCD JTAG :(
I see Olimex ARM-USB-OCD listed as a supported target in CrossWorks, however I have never used one. I suggest that you get the ST-LINK debugger ($25) as it works really well with CrossWorks and TrueStudio. Alternatively, get this STM32VLDISCOVERY development board for <$12 and use its embedded ST-LINK debugger.

On a side note, get one of these STM32F103RBT6 with 2.8" TFT and Touch Screen and you have a nicely featured and portable development system for <$32 shipped.

By k_505@hotmail.com
I am using the evaluation board from Olimex which has the STM32F103RBT6 http://www.sparkfun.com/products/8559 Image

and the Olimex ARM-USB-OCD JTAG http://www.sparkfun.com/products/7834 Image

Crossworks refuses with the message "cannot find FTDI driver for USB device (vid=0x15BA, pid=0x0003, serial=, channel=0)" although the OpenOCD connects to the ARM-OCD-USB JTAG without a problem, I've noticed that I don't have a license yet to Crossworks though! could this be the problem?
By k_505@hotmail.com
I am more and more tending to believe that the problem is in the makefile and the sequence of compilation :( can someone help me setup the makefile (as I am not familiar with it at all) for my targeted project?
Or is there a way to 'generate' automatically using the OpenOCD with Eclpise?
By UhClem
k_505@hotmail.com wrote:Which IDE/toolchain are you using with the
STM32?
Basically just the ARM version of the gnu compiler for Linux along with
the usual cast of binutils. I found some Makefiles for a different
version of the Discovery board and hacked that until it worked. I think
this is where I started:
http://jethomson.wordpress.com/2011/11/ ... -in-linux/