SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Everything ARM and LPC
By GeckoLink
Hi I'm totally new to arm architecture and I decided for my first project to make myself a small "development board" with a screen and some buttons and I was wondering how I would go about hooking up the display controller I'm using (S1D13743) to processor I'm using (LPC210x ARM7) can any of you help a noob out?
By Hardwareguy
Since I have not directly worked with either of those products, it would take time to study the available GPIO's or other iterfaces available on both modules. Match up voltages and speed/timing capability of both. The LPC2100 schematic shows parallel bus GPIO looking signals. So likely you would pick pins and match things up. I would try to keep the VD[23:0] bus in some order and use the other 8 bits for handshaking clocks and such. Looks like it might be a lot of bit banging code, where you will have to keep track of the RGB on the VD interface. Can the GPIO keep up with the refresh rate for the display? The S1D13743 mentions it is 1.8 volts. Is that what the LPC2100 is outputting? Just some thoughts.