SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Everything ARM and LPC
By motopic
Yeah I can see that from here. You notice you have provided NO information relating what works and what does not. Did you read the datasheet? Did you read AN2606? The 105 has several options for booting up (serial 1 or 2, can, usb). Looks like clocks and pinouts affect bootup.

I'd also suggest you join the stm32 site, and search the forums there.
By lillahuset
Yes, you are right. I provided no info.
All I want to know if there is anyone out there that has used the STM32F105 bootloader successfully.
And yes, I have read all documentation I could get. Including the most important one, the errata. Very interesting reading, that errata.
And the question has been posted on the STM32 site as well.

Thank you for your input.
By motopic
Well yeah the 103 is the most popular, how long has the 105/107 been out? Several years right?
I do notice that the 105/107 has lots of choices, and that those choices depend on pinouts being right(unused ports being pulled hi or low) and clocks being right(certain ranges for OTG and CAN).

If I had a 105 I would help debug it, but I don't have one yet, are you using your pcb design or someone elses?

I'll have to see if I can find a 105 header board somewhere.

Good luck.
By lillahuset
Our own board.

You will probably not find a STM32F105 board but there are at least two STM32F107 boards from Olimex. They are very similar to the 105 with ethernet added.

We have been in contact with ST support for something like a month but they seem to be completely clueless. Our next step will probably be to switch to a 107 since we, at least on one sample, have been in contact with the bootloader.

The errata for the connectivity line (105/107) processors is one of the worst I have ever seen.

Thank you for showing interest.
By motopic
but they seem to be completely clueless
This does NOT bode well. Does it?

I did not find a STM32F105 board anywhere. Probably because of the issues you found.
I did see the olimex 107 ones. I may email futurlec and ask them is they plan to update their 'stamp' or controller board from 103 to 105 or 107.
By stevech
motopic wrote:
but they seem to be completely clueless
This does NOT bode well. Does it?

I did not find a STM32F105 board anywhere. Probably because of the issues you found.
I did see the olimex 107 ones. I may email futurlec and ask them is they plan to update their 'stamp' or controller board from 103 to 105 or 107.
Suggest you find out the manufacturer - Futurlec is a distributor. Many of their microprocessor boards come from
www.ett.th.co