SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Everything ARM and LPC
By durgesh777
I have a program written in Ride7 for stm Primer2. Now for the development of the project i bought Olimex STMH103 board. To start with i copied the code for the led blinking program available in Olimex website. The program works in Eclipse and with another olimex program burner. Now i am only able to use Ride7 and its associated debugger (burner, emulator). The program when copied in Ride7 along with all the libraries could only blink the led while the delay has no function. When the program is run with step by step debugging, the led turns on and off but only blinks continuously when run freely. Also, i changed the delay time but nothing happened.

So i would request anyone to suggest me to start with the development environment i have. I need to start programming with Olimex stmh103 in Ride7.

Thanks in Advance.
By stevech
Ride7 is not a common term I've heard before in the ARM world.
Google tells me it's the IDE (editor/compiler/debugger) provided by Raisonance primarily for use with their products (only)...
http://www.raisonance.com/~ride7__micro ... a5c39.html

I prefer to use an IDE/tools that is not tied to a single supplier's hardware. In the ARM world, the dominant IDE/tools are IAR and Keil for professional work. For student/hobby, these two companies have limited versions of their product. Or you can elect to use open source such as eclipse with WinARM (GCC).
By SeniorEE
Haven't visited here in awhile - pretty sure that your compiler is "optimizing out" your delay routine. Two ways to cure:
a) lower the optimization level w/in your compiler (i.e. if default is "high" reduce to medium or low)

b) declare your delay variable as "volatile" - should prevent the unwanted optimization

Would appreciate your comments if/when you see/try this suggestion...