SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Everything ARM and LPC
By alxx
Very slowly. If someone elses wants to take over
I'm happy to forward the files so far.

Haven't had enough spare time to progress it.
By beebop
Well I'd offer, but I'm a bit obsessed at the moment. My mac isn't with me, and I really don't want to part with the kind of dollars they sell for here. I'm not sure my understanding of the tools is good enough, either!

I did get that project to compile, now I have to work out how to do it on an LPC2129 or 2138. I'm glad I took your advice and moved the gnu tools, but that didn't help with my problem. I ended up deleting the project and reloading, and re-reading the tutorial. Setting these chips up is a lot harder than any 8bit micro!

Robert
By alxx
The limited free version of the keil tools is a lot easier to set up and use for windows.

Works with the keil compiler or gcc.
Just make sure to install gcc.

Using gcc with it is not limited only the keil debugger.

Can run into problems with gcc arm and eclipse
if you have other versions of cygwin or mingw installed.

Using the chips is no harder than a pic or avr etc.
Its just setting up the free software.

Very easy on linux , freebsd and mac osx
and can be a problem on windows.
By beebop
The limited free version of the keil tools is a lot easier to set up and use for windows.
That has to be the understatement of the year! I got a project to build with the Kiel compiler, now to get one under gnu built.

I may give Crossworks a try, but it is time limited; think I'd just get addicted to its ease, and it would run out. The IDE cost about $1000 Canadian, which is too much for a hobbyist, like me. Should be able to port their server example to Kiel, though.

Robert
By alxx
That said , I got gcc arm and eclipse working on
windows , and os x easily.

In keil to switch between keil c compiler and gnu c compiler is just select the box if you download the gc version that keil supplies.