SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Everything ARM and LPC
By stefi
Hello,
I could receive a development board with a Sharp LH79524 ARM7 CONTROLLER and a Linux 2.6.12 for my diploma. My task would it be to attach a radio chip on the controller and send and receive data in such a way. I would like to represent these data also at an attached Touchscreen and let by "finger pressure" with the help of the radio chip removed contacts switch. I would also like that everyone can regard the received data over the Ethernetschnittstelle of the ARM7-Controllers in the Internet. Unfortunately I do not have experience with Linux up to now. I can't measure how difficult this task is.
1. Is it easier for a beginner to do this task (without touchscreen) with a 8-bit Microcontroller and with only small operating system.
2.Can I develop the biggest part of the software already on the computer?
3.Can I write the programms in C and HTML, or do I need still another another programming language e.g. for the Touchscreen?
4.I have the impression that in Germany there are only a few people, which work with Sharp ARM7 controller. That makes me fear that, I cannot easily ask someone, if I have problems. Do you think that it will be a large problem for me, to attach new hardware? With other questions, it depends then nevertheless only on the fact that I work on a Linux 2.6.12 operating system, isn't it?
5.Do you perhaps know already a free software for drawing charts in the internet, which itself automatic renew (e.g. a temperature curve over the time), or data base, in which I can put down me datas? Graphic programming would interest me, like bottons....
Sorry, that I wrote so chaotically, but I would be very grateful for help!!!
Many greetings, Stefanie
By CM600
Do you have all the necessary hardware on the Sharp's board to connect it to the ethernet?