SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Everything ARM and LPC
By d4n1s
ntrst dbgrq dbgrback vtarget. Also where do I connect the gnd pins? To the processor gnd or battery gnd? Does it matter if I connect all the gnd in a common bus on series and than on the processor or they have to be placed in different pins?
By leon_heller
Sorry, it's nRST you need, plus TDO, TCLK, TMS and TDI.

You don't need the other JTAG signals, most targets only use the above.

1,2 are 3.3V, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20 are Gnd.
By leon_heller
They are the same signal! The 'n' just means that it's active-low, which is also indicated by the overbar.

You don't need it, anyway.

TCK is the same as TCLK.
By d4n1s
I have connected....

TDO TMI TMS TCK VREF NTRST RTCK all of them with the pin that has their name except NTRST that I matched it with TRST...
now there are the GND pins left Vtarget RST, OBGRQ OBGBACK left without a match.

I have 3 questions:

1) Do I just leave the Vtarget, obgrq, OBGBACK unconnected? What are they used for?

2) Can I create a single bush where all gnd pins will be connected and drooped of the battery gnd pole that supplies with power the processor or that would be a lethal mistake?

3) You said I can just use these pins u listed above, why there are more pins that their names match with the processor pins? Is there any chance that I will need to connect them on future for a specific reason?
By leon_heller
Use nRST, not nTRST, as I keep telling you.

You only need the signals I mentioned. Don't connect anything else.

You also need pull-ups and a pull-down, details are on the ARM web site. It will probably work without them, though.
By d4n1s
what does pull ups and pull downs mean?

also why when I design in eagle using LPC2138 libraries few pins are connected between them without me putting them?
By leon_heller
Resistors to Vcc and Gnd.

They might be power and ground. I don't use Eagle, try the CADsoft forum. I don't trust anyone else's parts, they often have errors so I create my own.
By d4n1s
leon_heller wrote:Use nRST, not nTRST, as I keep telling you.

You only need the signals I mentioned. Don't connect anything else.

You also need pull-ups and a pull-down, details are on the ARM web site. It will probably work without them, though.

I dont understand, I connect the RST pin of the JTAG to the TRST pin of the processor?

there are also RTCK and simple TCK on the JTA, which of them I use?