SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Everything ARM and LPC
By leon_heller
Atollic and Code Red. Both are based on gcc. The former is one of the tools available for the STM32 Discovery and the latter is used for the LPCXpressso.
By Senso
I think that I can say sucess!
But I just think, after reading and following the nice tutorial given by mr. drwho9437(from the dangerousprototypes forum) I have created/compiled my toolchain, but in this part:
http://fun-tech.se/stm32/gcc/compile_blinky.php

When the tutorial author says that I should not get any errors or warnings I get this:
Code: Select all
tiago@tiago-laptop:~/stm32-example/projects/stm_h103$ make clean
rm crt.lst a.lst main.lst crt.o main.o main.out main.hex main.map stm32f10x_rcc.o stm32f10x_gpio.o
rm: impossível remover `crt.lst': Ficheiro ou directoria inexistente
rm: impossível remover `a.lst': Ficheiro ou directoria inexistente
rm: impossível remover `main.lst': Ficheiro ou directoria inexistente
rm: impossível remover `crt.o': Ficheiro ou directoria inexistente
rm: impossível remover `main.hex': Ficheiro ou directoria inexistente
rm: impossível remover `main.map': Ficheiro ou directoria inexistente
make: [clean] Erro 1 (ignorado)
tiago@tiago-laptop:~/stm32-example/projects/stm_h103$ make
.compiling
arm-none-eabi-gcc -I./ -c -fno-common -O0 -g -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb  main.c
main.c:76:6: warning: conflicting types for 'myDelay'
main.c:61:14: note: previous implicit declaration of 'myDelay' was here
main.c:90:6: warning: conflicting types for 'Clk_Init'
main.c:43:4: note: previous implicit declaration of 'Clk_Init' was here
.compil
arm-none-eabi-gcc -I./ -c -fno-common -O0 -g -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb  stm32f10x_rcc.c 
.compili
arm-none-eabi-gcc -I./ -c -fno-common -O0 -g -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb  stm32f10x_gpio.c 
..linking
arm-none-eabi-ld -v -Tstm_h103_blink_rom.cmd -nostartfiles -o main.out  main.o stm32f10x_rcc.o stm32f10x_gpio.o 
GNU ld (Sourcery G++ Lite 2010.09-51) 2.20.51.20100809
...copying
arm-none-eabi-objcopy -Obinary main.out main.bin
arm-none-eabi-objdump -S main.out > main.list
tiago@tiago-laptop:~/stm32-example/projects/stm_h103$ 
So, I get 4 warnings, the only difference is that I used the most actuall release of CodeSourcery, have I done bad by choosing it?
By Harjit
I've been using CrossStudio from Rowley for almost a year and think it is a really great development system.

The features I like include:
* Debugger that allows you to see all the peripheral registers for the device you are using.
* Ability to read/write files on the host
* Ability to quickly print and get user input from the host
* High speed downloads (I see download to RAM on my STM32 in the 300K+ Bytes/sec. range)
* Ability to run Javascript code to interact with the debug environment/embedded target
* A reasonably priced hobbyist license

PS: I'm not affiliated with Rowley - just a satisfied customer.
By Senso
But there are free alternatives, and I will use this as an hobby tool, and I'm a student I dont even have 50€ to buy a PicKit3 to start programming the load of pics and dsPics that I already have.
Any suggestion to my little "problem"?
By Senso
I already have one STM32 discovery board, and I also have the Attolic IDE, but it bugs me a lot not having simple things like the size of my compiled program or how much ram it uses.

EDIT:

Ok, for some strange reason I cant import the given example projects or the Master Workspace and some other things found in the stm32vldiscovery_package.zip from ST to the Attolic IDE, any ideas why?