SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Everything ARM and LPC
By heathkit
I notice that OpenOCD supports jtags that use a FT2232C. Since I don't have a parallel port, the Wiggler isn't exactly an option for me.

The only JTAG I could find like this is the
Amontech JTAGkey.

However, it looks as if the FT2232C actually provides just about everything you need for JTAG. They even have an Appnote on it.

So, I was thinking of trying to make my own JTAG adapter around this part, but before I did I wanted to see if anyone else had tried this, and what gotchas they ran into.
By Dominic
The Amontec JTAGkey is nice, as it offers variable target voltages, and comes in a nice and small case, but of course you can build one yourself, too.

My diploma thesis (available at the project site) describes the "USBJTAG-1" which I originally used to write the FT2232 support. It consists of a DLP-2232M evaluation module from FTDI and a 3.3V voltage regulator, and is really easy to build yourself.
By fordp
I am in the process of making a PCB which has both the FTDI chip and a LCP2103 chip on the PCB. I will be releasing the design under the GPL2. I do no want to release it at this time as I do not have the PCBs back from the Manufacturer.

Let me know if you are interested in finding out more when I have actually made up my first couple of boards.

All the best.