SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Everything ARM and LPC
By robinjacob
Hi,
I had got some sample chips of LPC2142 from philips. I soldered it on a extension PCB. I have also got the USB J-Link from IAR. I connected the programming/debug port of the J-Link (10x2 Header) to the pins of the chip using a bread board. On the other side I connected the J-Link to the USB port of the PC and installed the proper driver. I ran the JLINK.exe application given by the J-Link provider. The application returned the OEM make and Serial number of the J-Link correctly. But it gave out a error message saying "No Target Chip Found". Could any body suggest what could be the problem?
By Technoman64
On the LPC2148 chips if Pin 0.14 is pulled low during RESET the JTAG interface is disconnected. Also if pin 0.31 is pulled low during RESET the chip can enter an undetermined state. Both of these pins have weak internal pullup resistors.

Please keep in mind that I am no expert just wondered if this might be the cause.

I am also assuming that you have the proper levels on the JTAG interface pins during RESET.
By robinjacob
I pulled both P0.14 and P0.31 to high using pull up resistors but no luck. Is there any other precautions should I take. Please do help.