SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Everything ARM and LPC
By Tomy Walsh
Coocox provide a complete tool chain for Cortxe-M3, include Coocox Builder(integrate GCC), Coocox Debugger(integrate GDB), Coocox flash, Coocox OS, Coocox link(support MDK,IAR and Coocox Debugger).
For more info, you can visit http://www.coocox.org/Index.html ,Any questions on Cortex-M3, you can talk with us on http://www.coocox.org/Forum
Try it, and you will like it.
By LooseTooth
I'm about to install the stuff. I hope I don't have any problems on 64bit/windows7...
By theatrus
Because I like emacs :D
By millwood
Tomy Walsh wrote:Why don't you try Coocox on new Coxtex-M3 project?
I have no objection for your expressing your love for this thing but you never justified why we SHOULD try it.
Try it, and you will like it.
what if I don't?
By LooseTooth
I'm trying to get a feel for how widely it is used. It looks like the answer is 'not very much'. I will probably go with something that has a stronger foothold and a greater following.

If forums (Coocox's included) were crawling with discussions on the software, I would be much more comfortable going down that road. I've used shiny new software before, and in the end I just wound up being a free tester/debugger.
By stevech
theatrus wrote:Because I like emacs :D
And old comfortable boots
By Tomy Walsh
As new product, we know we have less user and may have some bugs. We have done and will do more work to improve these problem.

Just as before say,Coocox is a new product, so he has some new features. On Coocox, we will have more and more middlewares (like Coocox OS, we will provide more), drivers (ST, ATMEL, NXP, TI is already exist) and examples which share with developers, and people who use Coocox builder just do a check to add the code to your project.
We want to builde a platform on Cortex-M3 to make development easier, and developer just need to care his application as others will been done by this platform. We know this is a great works, we hope you can join into us to enrich the platform.

Thank you for your attention.