SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Everything ARM and LPC
By kd5byb
Good evening all,

Received my Logomatic V2 card in the mail today. I followed the datasheet instructions for formatting and setting up the microSD card. All went well and I can see the LOG files. I was even able to edit the file using my SD card reader to collector analog data.

However, when I follow the instructions for inserting the Mini-B type USB cable to use the USB port on the Logomatic to read the card, I get the following error from Windows:

"USB Device Not Recognized. One of the USB devices attached to the computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it."

I followed the Windows troubleshooting, and opened up the Device Manager. Device Managers shows that everything USB is working fine, but shows the Logomatic as an "Unknown Device." I know that this Unknown Device is the Logomatic, as it disappears when I turn off the Logomatic.

Does the Logomatic require a USB driver that I don't have?

I tried several different USB cables with the same error. I also tried the unit on my wife's laptop with the same result.

Is there something else I need to do?

thanks,
ben
By kd5byb
Hey folks,

In an effort to troubleshoot this more, I've now tried it on a total of four computers. Two run XP Pro, one runs XP Home, and the third is a Windows2000 box. All give me the same "USB Device Not Recognized."

I've also now tried three different USB to USB Mini B cables - all with the same error.

I'm beginning to think that my Logomatic V2 has a problem...

It's worth noting that in every other way, it seems to function normally. If I remove the microSD card, I can put it into the card reader and see files. I can edit them and sucessfully change the Logomatic's parameters. I don't think my firmware is corrupted since all of the above does work.

Thoughts?

-ben
By kd5byb
Good evening all,

Just a quick follow-up - looks like my Logomatic may have a problem and it will be on its way back.

Sparkfun Support and I exchanged three e-mails over the course of today which is great customer service. It's nice to find such a high level of customer attention/service these days...

thanks much,
ben
By kd5byb
Hey fellas,

Just a quick follow-up. My LogoMatic did have a problem. SparkFun is sending me a replacement.

I'm very happy with SparkFun's excellent troubleshooting help and great customer service!

thanks,
ben