SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Everything ARM and LPC
By pick2light
this is a repost as many people have read the previous but nobody has replied.
Has anybody managed to get the LPC-E2294 or E2214 to communicate across the ethernet?
If so was it a nightmare, are there any special tricks.

I need to find out soon if I am flogging a dead horse!

Would a ethernet/serial converter and the H2294 be a better - cheaper option?

Any help. or reply would be welcome.
By OLIMEX
Hi,

In LPC-E2214/LPC-E2294 the Ethernet IC CS8900A is connected same way as it is connected in LPC-E2124/LPC-E2129.
It is wired to work in 8-bit mode without interrupts.
The demo code on our web reads CS8900 ID and proves that the CS8900 is wired correctly and all registers are accessable by LPC22xx microcontroller.
Unfortunately there is not yet code port for uIP or other TCP-IP stack as it's avaliable for LPC-E2144. We'll make such port in future, but it takes some time and resources we can't spend on it right now.

Best regards
Tsvetan
By alxx
Had a look at the yahoo group lpc2000 yet ?

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lpc2000

lots of code examples in files section , plus plenty of smart people to ask questions of.

Have you looked at one of the open source
network libraries or

The packet whackers from edpt.com are easy to use.
By OLIMEX
hi alxx,

the open source uIP uses some low level GCC libraries which make to run it on different device not so easy task, you have to go through all the code to figure out what and how to alter which takes some time i wrote above we can't spend at the moment on this.

Packet whacker is nothing but CS8900 chip on bread board which LPC-E2294 already have so if it's easy to use, LPC-E2294 is to be assumed also easy to use, but as you see the OP wants ready to use code.

Best regards
Tsvetan