SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Everything ARM and LPC
By leon_heller
Look at some schematics, like those for the ARM boards sold by Sparkfun, and try to produce something like them.
By d4n1s
thx for the tutorial, it took me like 1 hour to fix my schematic thought... Here it is :)

Now that you have the schematic... what am I doing wrong?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By d4n1s
why? What I done wrong again?!?
By Polux rsv
You lack basic electronics knoweledge !!!!!
How would you make running the LPC2138 connecting capacitors in series on Vdd and Vss lines.
Re-re-re-re-reread my previous posts on how to connect powersupplies.

As anybody said in this post, try something simpler. Let say a plain old NE555 wich blinks a led :mrgreen:

Angelo
By leon_heller
Perhaps we should have told him that the circuit and PCB were fine and he could go ahead and order his PCBs. He'd learn a salutory lesson when they don't work.
By d4n1s
leon_heller wrote:Perhaps we should have told him that the circuit and PCB were fine and he could go ahead and order his PCBs. He'd learn a salutory lesson when they don't work.

Like don't trust ppl on the internet? Anyways guys, I am trying my best, so please don't disappoint me, I connected the capacitors in pairs just like you said.....
By leon_heller
The connections are wrong, though.
By d4n1s
Because I am having a serious headache!!! I think we can't communicate.... I look at schematics, they don't have capacitors on pairs , they don't have capacitors on vss pins and they dont have capacitors at VDD pins....tell me what is wrong with my schematic... You just say the connections are wrong, or it is too messy but you won't tell me what to do to fix it...Let me exclude angelo's attempt which was really appreciated...

Schematic http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VMLRWL57
Last edited by d4n1s on Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
By leon_heller
Try connecting Vdd to the Vdd pins, and Vss to the Vss pins! You don't need to decouple the Vss pins.
By d4n1s
I believe I have connected the vss pins to the VSS battery and VDD on VDD battery...
These are connected to the VDD pinhead where the Polymer Lithium battery will be connected....
VDD3-1
VDD3-2
VDD3-3
VDDA3
VBAT

And these are the VSS pins where the VSS pinhead of the battery will be connected...
VSS(pin 6)
VSS(pin 18)
VSS(pin 25)
VSS(pin 42)
VSS(pin 50)
VSSA

I still haven't connected VREF anywhere because thats what you told me...

New schematic http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VMLRWL57
By leon_heller
As you've been told repeatedly, give up this project and try something much simpler.
By d4n1s
leon_heller wrote:As you've been told repeatedly, give up this project and try something much simpler.
Not going to...

Well The vdd and vss pins are connected, what did you meant when you said they were connected wrongly?
By leon_heller
The pins were just connected to the capacitors, not to the supply and ground.

Post the schematic here, no none is going to download it from another site.
By d4n1s
Now that it gets better, what can I do?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.