SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Everything ARM and LPC
By jwatte
I've been using Teensy 3 boards in the past for Kinetis K20 chips, and those boards are great!

However, I may need to build a board that has a K20 (or something like it) on it, go use as a smart brushless motor servo controller. The Teensy isn't quite right for this, being on its own board, and not routing the flexible timer pins in an application-friendly manner for me.

But, I know how to use embedded GCC and other parts of an embedded development stack. I also found a lot of information about how to work with the ST ARM chips, both regarding what kind of support components they need (power supplies, capacitors, crystals, etc) and how to program it (STLink style.)

What I haven't found is some similar collection of information for the Kinetis side. The data sheet kind-of hints at the different power rails and de-coupling needs, and perhaps crystals, and says which pins are needed for JTAG or other programming, but there's no simple "here's the programmer, and here's the pinout, and here's the minimal board support component set."
Does anyone know of such a resource?
If not, does anyone have this information in their head and can just info-dump? :-)
By distro inferno
I think you've got most of what you need right there. Lay it out with a crystal, access to JTAG pins, access to all other pins you need, decoupling caps on the power supply pins. You can compare with the layouts on any open source boards that use it, I believe the Teensy boards may have their layout files available for you to look at.