- Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:05 am #207788
I am trying to get my new OpenLog device working, and it logs data only intermittently. Below are the bulleted facts for easy reading.
- I am running it with a RedBoard Qwiic, and have tried examples "Example1_WritingLog", "Example2_AppendFile", and "Example3_CreateFile".
- The memory cards used are a SanDisk 16GB formatted FAT32 and SparkFun BrandX 1GB formatted FAT. The same performance is witnessed with both cards.
- When the cards are inserted into the OpenLogger, the status LED is a solid red
- If I insert a freshly formatted card and reset the RedBoard, a file 'config.txt' loads onto the card. config.txt reads:
- OpenLog firmware version 3.1 per "Example9_ReadVersion"
- I2C data flows readily through the OpenLog. It is the first device in a daisy chain of RedBoard->OpenLog->RTC->Display, and the other devices are communicating with the RedBoard normally.
- Intermittent behavior persists if the OpenLog is the only device connected to the RedBoard
- Sometimes a file "LOG000xx.TXT" shows up on the card, but it is empty and is reported at file size of 0k
- The behavior appears to be related to whether the card is freshly formatted, or if it has the config.txt file present already, but is not entirely consistent
- Again, failure to log a file from the RedBoard is intermittent. Sometimes it will and sometimes it won't. When things work, they work as they should