SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Questions &/or issues related to products in the Qwiic category should be posted in this forum. To learn more about Qwiic, consider checking out our pillar page on the Qwiic system.
#206168
I've pretty much followed https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/qw ... e#hardware to get Qwiic set up. I got the MicroSD card flashed, updated, and now to the point to install Qwiic; however, I get the following:
Code: Select all
sudo pip install sparkfun_qwiic
sudo: pip: command not found
I've kept track of what I've done so far. Did I miss a step?
Code: Select all
Download and extracted Raspbian Buster Lite
Write to 4GB MicroSD Card
Added ssh file to boot
Safe Eject
Installed MicroSD to Raspberry Pi Zero W and powered on
SSH using pi login
Create new login and added to visudo
Changed root password
Logout and login with new user
Deleted pi login
Expand file system via raspi-config
Reboot

Pickup from tutorial found at https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/qwiic-kit-for-raspberry-pi-hookup-guide#hardware
Hardware connected to pHat and pHat connected to Raspberry Pi Zero W and Raspberry Pi Zero W powered on

sudo apt-get update 
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
reboot

sudo raspi-config
enable I2C

sudo nano /boot/config.txt
Added
# Enable I2C clock stretching
dtparam=i2c_arm_baudrate=10000

reboot

python --version
Python 2.7.16
pip --version
-bash: pip: command not found

sudo apt-get install python3-pip

nano ~/.bashrc
alias python='/usr/bin/python3'
alias pip=pip3

save, reboot

python -m pip install --upgrade pip
Successfully installed pip-19.2

sudo pip install sparkfun_qwiic
sudo: pip: command not found

python --version
Python 3.7.3

pip --version
pip 19.2 from /home/dolfin/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pip (python 3.7)
#206348
Hi,

I got quite a bit further on the other page and got it up and running but now I am getting some invalid readings.

First I noticed that it was always reading the same Pa value for the pressure. I think that was due to the Python code calling bme.get_reference_pressure(). So I changed it to bme.read_pressure(), but the values are way off.

I'm getting hPa readings of around 1442.48 and altitude readings of -228093 Feet. Currently my altitude is approximately 88 feet and the pressure is 1014hPa.

The temp is also reading about 4 degrees higher and humidity is about 8 percentage points lower than other sensors are reporting.

I have this logging to a webpage every 5 minuteshttp://www.mytestbox.org/weather.php