SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Questions &/or issues related to products in the Qwiic category should be posted in this forum. To learn more about Qwiic, consider checking out our pillar page on the Qwiic system.
By simobv
Dear Sparkfun support, dear community
I am rather now to prototyping and electronics in general, so sorry if the questions I am going to ask you will be excessively naif!
I recently bought a Qwiic Scale NAU7802 that I connected to my Arduino Uno via the Qwiic Shield. I would like to use this board to read an absolute 4 wires pressure sensor from Kulite (XTL-123B-190M). This sensor is calibrate, so I know the relationship between Volts and Bars. Now, I just would like to use the Qwiic Scale to get the output signal and to amplify it, since the output voltage is of few mV only.
What I need to do in order to read my pressure, is to get the calibration factors that can lead me from the raw reading to a voltage, so basically the a and b parameters of the following equation: V = a*(x-b), where x is the raw signal.
The first thing I thought to do is to measure b. I then simply plugged the Qwiic scale without plugging any of the sensor wires and used the Exemple 1 of the library. I do get a reading, but the problem is that every time I close the serial monitor and I open it again, I get a different reading! I monitor the signal over several seconds and it is quite constant: it changes suddenly every time I restart the serial monitor/plotter. I also tried to get the signal via the serial library in Python 3.8 and it behaves the same.
What am I missing?
Thank you in advance for every help you may provide.

Best
Simone