SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Questions &/or issues related to products in the Power category should be posted in this forum.
By ChiefGeek63
One thing I have always wanted is to replace the Redboard barrel power connecter with terminal blocks.

I've used the barrel power connector to terminal device (PRT-10287), but it's too large and looks like crap. Additionally with this device it seems easier for the device to fall out due to vibration.

I want the solid connection of a terminal block.

Does anybody know of a connecter where I can desolder the Redboard barrel power connector and replace it with something that has the same footprint but with terminal blocks?

Thanks...John
By TS-Chris
Hi John.

Unfortunately I'm not aware of a terminal block that would have the same footprint as the barrel jack connector on the RedBoard. What I'd recommend if you don't want to plug in a barrel jack to the board would be to solder a short pigtail to the positive and negative pads on the existing barrel jack and then connect your terminal block to those wires.
The picture below shows which pads to use.
15123-SparkFun_RedBoard_Qwiic-04.jpg
A connection like this might work for you.
15123-SparkFun_RedBoard_Qwii.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.