SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Questions relating to designing PCBs
By bigglez
Greetings,

I need to remove some parts from an existing library. Any ideas on how to do it? I can delete the entire library (with OS file management tools), but how do I remove just one or more library parts?

Along the same lines, if I have a part in one library and I wish to move it to another library (i.e. make a copy of one part only), how do I do it?

Thanks In Advance!
By dekutree64
The only way I know of to remove parts is to open up whatever device/package/symbol you want to remove, then click the Library menu, then Remove. Type in the name of the part, and hit ok. I don't know why they don't just put a "delete this part" option somewhere.

For copying, just open up the library you want it to go into, then find the part you want in the main eagle window, right clock and select copy to library. If you copy a device, it even pulls over the package and symbol it uses automatically.
By bigglez
dekutree64 wrote:The only way I know of to remove parts is to open up whatever device/package/symbol you want to remove, then click the Library menu, then Remove. Type in the name of the part, and hit ok.
For copying, just open up the library you want it to go into, then find the part you want in the main eagle window, right clock and select copy to library.
Greetings dekutree64,

Great! Both suggestions work. Not quie what I had in mind but its better then the repetitive cut-n-paste I was doing. Thanks.

Comments Welcome!
By NleahciM
For deleting a part from your library - you can just use the remove command. So type in something like "remove qfn16.pac"
By igeorge
[/quote]
For copying, just open up the library you want it to go into, then find the part you want in the main eagle window, right clock and select copy to library. If you copy a device, it even pulls over the package and symbol it uses automatically.[/quote]
how to copy ? from the board or from the library ?
i right clicked on the part but the only thing it does it copy it on the same board and not in the open library ?
please help
thanks