SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By Andrew02E
Have you ever wanted to make your circuit boards more... dangerous?

This actually started as a legitimate idea. I was working on some circuit boards for lighting effects, and one of them uses mains voltages in it. To bring this to anyone's attention, I decided I'd put a 'DANGER' sign and a 'HIGH VOLTAGE' symbol on it. I've never heard of any Eagle libraries that have this, so I just made my own.
And then I got carried away...
General warning, biohazard, low temperatures, corrosive, explosive, flammable, high voltage, high temperatures, laser, magnetic, toxic, radioactive, RF energy, no smoking, and DANGER!

I will be posting the library soon. Someone besides me has to get a kick out of it.
By Andrew02E
Get the library right here
http://www.mediafire.com/?vv3bvckdtcy
It hasn't been tested or anything, but feel free to play with it.

The symbols don't have any schematic symbols associated with them, so you have to add them in the board editor. Just switch to your board, hit the 'Add' button (or use the add command, whatever), and search for whatever you're looking for... 'high voltage' so nobody gets shocked, 'laser' so nobody blinds themself, or 'toxic' so nobody eats your circuit board.
By rfordh
Did you draw these from scratch in eagle or is there some kind of import command?
By Chupa
NO PARKING ON THIS PCB!

heh, thanks!
By AlexOtter
Did you draw these from scratch in eagle or is there some kind of import command?
There's a third party application called Eagle PCB Power Tools which includes an image to Eagle script converter, allowing you to use images.
By BusError
The really great thing is that you use some of these on your board design and order prototypes, you get to have super fast delivery upgrade, from the local friendly FBI office :-)
By Andrew02E
There are several ULPs/utilities/etc., like the one that AlexOtter mentioned, that you can use to import graphics. Sometimes boardhouses have trouble with how the utilities drew the graphics on the silkscreen, though, so I drew these from scratch to be 'boardhouse friendly'.
By rfordh
Sometimes boardhouses have trouble with how the utilities drew the graphics on the silkscreen, though, so I drew these from scratch to be 'boardhouse friendly'.
Very impressive for drawing from scratch in Eagle! Nice job.
By Lucien
Cool. I'm now trying to think of a project that would do these justice. :D
AlexOtter wrote:There's a third party application called Eagle PCB Power Tools which includes an image to Eagle script converter, allowing you to use images.
Is that the one that has limited capability? Or am I thinking of the DXF and Gerber converters?
By MarkS
BusError wrote:The really great thing is that you use some of these on your board design and order prototypes, you get to have super fast delivery upgrade, from the local friendly FBI office :-)
Huh? :shock:
By Andrew02E
The really great thing is that you use some of these on your board design and order prototypes, you get to have super fast delivery upgrade, from the local friendly FBI office
I slapped a 'radioactive' symbol on a PCB I ordered recently to see how they turn out. We'll see if it gets delivered by FedEx or if the FBI drops it off after a few questions and a tour of our workplace :wink:
By Pulsar
Any chance someone could repost this library? It looks great and I'd love to use it on projects.

The links don't work anymore.

Also, maybe Andrew could contribute it to the Eagle library page at CadSoft?