SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By reklipz
Good advice about the PID, I'll be sure to refer back here when I go to implement it, thanks!

Yeah, I knew about the weak pullups, but the button is tied to +3.3V, so I needed pull downs, :/.

Yeah, the MISO/MOSI fix should be simple, i just cut another trace, which is on the bottom, so it's wide open as well, no other close traces, then solder in a wire, but unfortunately, this one has to go from top to bottom, so it will look ugly, but whose going to see it anyways?

And I do have the LF part on the board at the moment, just wasn't sure if it was spec'd for 48MHz at 3.3V. I just set it to that, and all my tests have been working fine, but thanks for looking that up for me!

Also, since I'm using the MAX6675, I don't think I need to worry about the voltage supplied to the chip, as long as it is withing it's operating voltage range (3.0 to 5.5V). Thanks for the heads up though, I didn't even think of that when I read through the AD amp for the first time.
By corvette123
well if your running it at 5 volts then dont matter which part your using... itll run 48 mhz no worries... its when u use the 5 volt non LF parts at 3.3 volts that your supposed to have problems... but i have never encountered them..

i wonder if microchip just stamps them as a different part hahahaha i have no clue about that.

i have also noticed about I2C chips from microchip that the 400 Khz top rated chips can run 1mhz with no problems....

it kinda reminds me of the process where processors are tested and its really the same core but at lower speeds cause they didnt meet standards...